vnbbUtils v220.127.116.11 – Utilities for Blackberry: EScreen Activate, OTA Downloader, JAD/ALX Maker, Screenshot, Screen Streaming, Wipe and Remove IT Policy …
This utility has the following functions:
- Get information of the BB that connected to your computer (automatically detecting BB is connected/disconnected to/from the computer). Providing this information for OTA Downloader and EScreen Activation code generator. Especially, it help OTA Downloader simulate the environment of your BB to download the suitable version of software with your BB model and ROM version.
- USB Driver: Install USB Driver for Blackberry. If you have not install BDM yet, Computer can not recognize your BB as an USB Drive. Only click on USB Driver button, that problem have been resolved, BDM free. This driver is only for USB Drive, not for BB device manager, so if you want using full functions of vnbbUtils, install BDM is required.
- Set Time: Synchronize system time of your BB with computer
- Generate code for the Activation of Engineering Screen
- Take a screenshot of BB Screen and save as a JPG image file on your computer. Create a Video Stream of BB Screen and save as AVI video file (record the activities of BB-screen, video recording in AVI format)
- Download software for BB from OTA link to your computer. This feature has been improved superior to other OTA Download utilities, allows you to download from the site that check terminal connect to as Google, Opera Mini, mopipocket … Downloaded Softwares are stored in folder vnbb\OTA\App_Name
- Create ALX file to installed by BDM. Created from JAD file or Cod files that available.
- Create JAD file to install from SDCard. JAD is created from ALX or Cod files.
- Convert JAR to COD(s): this feature allow you to convert JAR file to COD & ALX.
- Load Cod(s): lets you install software from Cod files to BB directly. But I prefer to using Install from JAD
- Install from JAD: lets you install software on computer to BB from the JAD file easily and quickly. Helping people who using old BB model (do not have memory card) can install software normally without opening BDM.
- Read system modules installed in the BB then:
- Read the information in the Event Log
- Delete Event log to release memory.
- Wipe Device at low-level, this function help you when you want to upgrade OS
- Factory Reset: remove IT policy.
– Save modules. Necessary in case of backup applications or store applications installed directly from your BB Browser to computer.
– Delete unnecessary modules, optimizing memory of your BB. There is a option that allows you choose to delete these modules on computer also.
1. Tab 1: General Info, show information of the BB that connected to your computer.
This information also helps to OTA Downloader (at Tab 3) will download the correct version of software that suitable for your ROM, if BB is not connected to the computer, you can manually enter the value of the OS Version and Model for OTA Downloader. And that is a special feature of vnbbUtils, simulate the BB to download OTA software, lets you download the correct software version in accordance with BB model and OS version.
2. Tab 2: Generate code to Activate Engineering Screen.
3. Tab 3:
This tab contains the following functions:
3.1 Take a screenshot and save as JPG image file on your computer.
If you have multiple BB connected to your computer, it will capture the screen of the BB which is selected at Tab 1.
You can create a video streaming by click on play button (triangle), click on Stop button (square) to stop and save video as an AVI file.
3.2 Create ALX/JAD file from COD files (or convert JAD <-> ALX).
In this section, click the button [Add. COD files] to add the cod files (can select multiple files at one). Can obtain information about the COD files and other information from the JAD file by choosing [Add from JAD].
Support Drag and Drop files from Windows Explorer to files list box. If drag-drop the JAD file into, it will create ALX file and vs, drag-drop the ALX file to create a JAD file.
At Save as box, if file name extension is .jad then JAD file will be created and if file name extension is .alx then ALX file will be created. It’s very flexible.
Convert JAR to COD:
3.3 OTA Downloader : Download the application from the OTA link.
This feature is also a number of tools and support, but in vnbbUtils, it was improved to support download better.
With OTA download sites such as Google, Mobipocket … they will check to see you’re using what BB model and ROM version then give you the right link that suitable with your BB, the formerly OTA Download utility will not be performed. But with vnbbUtils, this is all done as you download directly from BB. It will download the correct version for your BB as information on the tab [General Info].
When you do not provide links to JAD file (as shown above), then this utility will take you to the Link of the JAD file.
Eg: download Mobipocket Reader, simply following the path OTA (http://m.mobipocket.com):. Click the Download button, the screen will appear.
Then, click on the link on the screen or you can open the Combo Box (Choose the Next URL here) and choose an appropriate link for OTA Downloader continue download for you.
This is the screen after you click on the link above, Storm/9500 Blackberry:
So, if you do not remember exactly the OTA Link, with this utility, you can download as usual. Same as you do directly on the BB Browser.
And after the download is completed, it automatically create ALX file so that you can install by BDM.
3.4 Install from JAD.
Click button [Install from JAD]
3.5 Read System Modules
Read information about the modules installed in the BB and divided into two groups and arranged by ABC for easy tracking.
Applications of third party
In order to Save or Remove modules, just click on checkbox next by module name or press and hold Shift, Ctrl then click on module name. You can select multiple modules as shown above.
– Click Save button, the module is marked to be saved in folder vnbb\AppBkup
– When removal, always save a backup into vnbb\AppBkup. If you remove RIM modules, there is an option “Delete on the computer also”, check this box that the modules are deleted on both BB and computer (in RIM OS Install folder) and automatically create a JAD file in format “backup_YYYYMMDD_HHMISS.jad” and saved in vnbb\AppBkup too. You can restore those modules by Install from JAD function.
===25/05/2010===Update version 18.104.22.168===
– Fixed a bug of Read System Modules
===24/05/2010===Update version 1.2.2===
– New feature: convert JAR to Cod(s)
===08/05/2010===Update version 1.2.1===
– Fixed bug when create video stream.